- This event has passed.
El Wadi Trail Run
October 13 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
El Wadi Trail Run will take place in Wadi Degla Protectorate. Easily accessible to all Cairo residents guaranteeing a unique experience for athletes. 300 Trail Runners will compete to win the 25km self-supported race, and can also take on a shorter distance of 5km. Your kids are welccome to compete in a 1km race as well. Event registration will be processed online and is expected to start late August. Runners will be timed using MYLAPS Sports Timing System.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
An Egyptian award-winning adventure travel company specialising in organising immersive life changing journeys, with a focus on trekking and mountaineering expeditions, in 15+ destinations. Founded by Omar Samra, 1st Egyptian to Climb Mt. Everest and complete the Explorer’s Grand Slam, in 2009 to help people reconnect with nature and their true selves. WG is the 1st carbon neutral travel company in the MENA Region.
– Top Arab Social Media Influencer for Travel by Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum (2015)
– Customer Focused Business of the Year by Gulf Capital’s AME Info Awards 2012
– Tourism & Hospitality Business Stars of Business Award by SME Advisor 2011
– World Travel Market Global Tourism Award in the London Travel Market 2011
A sports management company specialising in triathlon and endurance sports. The TriFactory manages events, trains athletes and facilitates sports travel. TF also organises half-marathons, endurance relay runs, aquathlons, and duathlons.
– Organisers of the Sahl Hasheesh Triathlon and the Magdi Yacoub Aswan Marathon.
– Egypt’s first ever full IRONMAN team.
– First Egyptian team to win the TriClub Champion Award at an IRONMAN race.
– Local organising committee for the African Triathlon Cup.
Organisers of half-marathons, endurance relay runs, triathlons, aquathlons, and duathlons.