Few days for Adha feast and our dining tables have to have some meat dishes. To eat or not to eat?
We’re bringing you some healthy grilled meat recipes to eat meat as the usual feast tradition and stay healthy with sticking to not more than 90 gm per day. Mostly important, there are some aspects you have to take care of when choosing the meat. Make sure to buy lean ones and remove the skin and fat before cooking. Always have some vegetables as a side dish.
1. Grilled sheep chops with roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, minced, plus 2 heads of garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 sheep loin chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the olive oil, the thyme, minced garlic, rosemary and cumin. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Set the halved heads of garlic cut side up on a large sheet of foil and drizzle with oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast for an hour, until tender.
- Light a grill. Remove the chops from the marinade; discard the thyme and scrape off the garlic. Season the chops with salt and pepper and grill over moderate heat until lightly charred and medium-rare, 5 minutes per side. Serve the chops with the roasted garlic.
2. Turkish meat and eggplant kebabs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kebab spices
- 1 kilo boneless leg of sheep, cut into cubes
- 4 small eggplants, cut into rounds
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, paprika, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, cayenne , cinnamon and kebab spices in a bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Add kebab cubes to the remaining marinade and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat or prepare a medium-high-heat fire in a charcoal grill.
- Lay eggplant rounds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread the meat and onion onto skewers.
- Thread the eggplant horizontally onto skewers . Stir the rest of olive oil into the reserved marinade, brush the mixture all over the kebabs .
- Place them kebabs in the center, hotter part of the grill. Grill them, turning every 2-3 minutes, until the meat is nicely browned on the outside.
3. Quick grilled meat in a thermal bag
- Cubes of the vegetables you like (potatoes, carrots, onions, pepper, zucchini).
- 1 kilo strip steak, trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Put the thermal bag in a deep roasting pan.
- Place the meat and vegetables inside. Season with spices, then seal the bag with a nylon tie.
- Cut some small slits in the bag to allow the steam to escape.
- Leave it in the oven for an hour.
4. Moroccan grilled steak with sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon meat spices
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 kilo strip steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine meat spices, cumin, ginger, salt, cinnamon, coriander and cayenne
- Sprinkle steaks with 4 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture. Toss sweet potatoes and onion with olive oil, orange zest and the remaining spice mixture.
- Lay a foil sheet on the grill, place the steaks and coat with olive oil. Spread half of the sweet potato mixture in the center of the foil in a thin layer. Bring the short ends of foil together, fold over and pinch to seal. Pinch the seams together along the sides to seal the packet. Repeat with two more sheets of foil and the remaining sweet potato mixture.
- Place the packets on the hottest part of the grill and cook, , 5 minutes per side. Place the steaks in the front or back and cook, turning once, about 3 -4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
5. Sheep chops with apricot lime sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sheep shoulder chops, trimmed
- 1/2 cup apricot lime sauce (apricot preserves – lime juice – raisins – mint leaves – balsamic vinegar – ketchup – Worcestershire sauce – hot sauce – salt and pepper)
- Prepare grill.
2. Combine the curry, ginger, oil, salt, and pepper; rub paste over meat.
3. Place meat on grill rack, and cook 4 minutes. Turn on the other side; brush with 1/4 cup apricot-Lime sauce. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn meat, and brush the other side with the rest of the sauce. Cook 2 minutes, turning once.