Summer is almost here and it’s distinguished in Egypt by endless kinds of tasty fruits. Hala Serag El Din is using them to create some yummy desserts, yet healthy!
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
Mix all together and have it with a plate of fruits.
Banana blueberry popsicles
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 a banana
- a handful of bluberries
Blend them all together, then freeze.
Raw vanilla coconut fig slice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut + 1/2 cup for the cream
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon for the cream
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- For the base, add walnuts, almonds, coconut, fig, dates, water, and cinnamon in a food processor until the mixture is well mixed and sticks together.
- Line a loaf tin with a cling film and press the mixture firmly in the pan to even it out.
- Put in the freezer to set while you make the cream.
- Process the cashews for a few minutes. Then add the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla with the processor still running until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the desiccated coconut and pulse to combine.
- Get the base out of the freezer, add the cream in an even layer, and freeze once again for 2 hours.
- Decorate with fresh fig slices and slice.