Whether you use it as a pre-workout snack or as a healthy dessert, this chocolate date spread checks all the boxes. The dates and chocolate will satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolat-y cravings and give you a boost of energy, while the healthy fat from almonds will keep you satiated and keep your blood sugar from spiking.
- 1 cup pitted madjool dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp natural unsweetened chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of sugar free vanilla powder
- Soak the dates in the hot water for at least an hour.
- Add the dates and water to a food processor/blender along with the other ingredients.
- Keep blending until smooth
- Enjoy over rice cakes or whole grain bread
- Store in a jar in the fridge