- This event has passed.
Natural Childbirth Preparation Course
Sep 23, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - Oct 28, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Once again we are pleased to announce the complete Childbirth Preparation course in collaboration with Positive Birth Cairo & Sawsan Mostafa Nashaat, certified Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Midwife Assistant (under training). Previous courses have been a great success with many couples reporting feeling prepared and equipped for their births experiences.
Prepare yourself for the most amazing journey of your life as you enter into parenthood through the birthing experience. Bring your husband or birth-partner with you to learn how you can be supported through the physical and emotional adventure ahead.
This course is extensive and classes will cover a broad range of topics; pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding and postpartum:
– How to ease pregnancy discomforts and prepare your body for birth
– What is labor and how to work with your body during labor and birth: positions, breathing and relaxation techniques.
– What to expect during labor and delivery; how to tell when you are in labor and how the body works during it
– What the mother’s physical and emotional needs are during labor and delivery
– How to prepare, physically and mentally, for labor and birth including nutrition
– what to expect at the hospital; hospitals procedures and possible interventions
– How to write a birth plan and communicate it to your doctor effectively
– The role of the husband or birth partner during labor
– What to expect during the postpartum period and how to initiate and maintain breastfeeding
– Friendship: meet other mums and dads-to-be in a safe, friendly and open atmosphere
Instructor: Sawsan Mostafa Nashaat
Sawsan is founder of Positive Birth Cairo and the only Egyptian Childbirth Educator to certify with the prestigious Childbirth International (CBI). She’s also a certified doula & Midwife Assistant (under training). A doula is the person who provides physical and emotional support to expecting mothers, and their families, during labor and birth. The classes she teaches, as well as her role as a doula, offer pregnant couples a greater chance of having a positive birth experience.
Dates: Every Saturday starting September 23rd to October 28th (6 weeks)
Times: 12pm – 3pm (16 hours)
-All materials will be sent by email
Advance registration and 50% deposit (1150le) required to secure your places.
All deposits are non-refundable within one week of the start date of the course… earlier than one week we will refund 80% of the deposit but retain a 20% administration fee.